IMMEDIATE NEED! flashlight with batteries - Mothering Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By J0rdanA

#1 of 7 Old 08-26-2011, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi, i'm in one of the areas hurricane Irene will hit. i'm disabled, no car, and a 6-yr-old child. i've weathered these storms for years on the NC coast, didn't think we'd be affected by one in NH! i'm in Keene. we're actually have everything we need except for a flashlight. called all my friends, no one has any that they can spare. i have plenty of candles but for child safety i need a flashlight, big enough to see a few feet, with batteries. i can pay you for/with batteries on the 1st. please PM me!

(i've called around and everywhere says they're sold out of every kind of light and batteries. water, too. hoarders, apparently. crazy!)

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yikes! I would share if I were closer. Have you checked freecycle? Hoping your power stays on:goodvibes
#3 of 7 Old 08-29-2011, 12:57 PM

Oh no! I would have fedexed one to you. I didn't see this post in time. I hope power stayed on for you or a flashlight found its way to you.

CDing, BFing, co-sleeping, combination of BWing and stroller-using mama to DD, 05/2010. Pursuing a back to nature lifestyle.

#4 of 7 Old 11-18-2020, 09:26 AM

Nowadays, we all have a smartphone, and it’s easy to install a light APP there. But why we buy a flashlight? For me, a flashlight is very useful especially for emergency (darkness, phone is out of juice,…). Thus, I always keep one in my car and one keychain flashlight in my pocket.
It’s easy to get a flashlight. you can buy it in the local store or supermarket. but it might be a bit expensive. I like to shop online, cos there are many styles and specs to choose. Many Chinese brands such as Fenix, Nitecore, JETbeam, Olight offer quality build flashlight at an affordable price.
#5 of 7 Old 11-18-2020, 01:37 PM

My philosophy is simple when it comes to flashlights.
1 portable flashlight per person, 1 lamp style flashlight in the main common area, 1 lamp style flashlight in the bathroom, 1 spare portable flashlight for every 3 personal lights, and spare batteries for each light source.
Depending on the size of the home, you may need more. But as a minimum, I stick to 1 on my person, 1 spare, and spare batteries.

I also like putting LED lamps in common areas such as the kitchen and living room. In many instances, you’ll find yourself spending a lot of time in these rooms either preparing food or simply spending time in these rooms. So rather than using a focused beam, a lamp is advised.
#6 of 7 Old 11-18-2020, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
A few years ago, we went on vacation, and it happened to be a disaster. In a few days, they announced there was a danger of a volcano erupting, and the chaos began. We couldn't go back home because the flights were canceled and we were so scared. After all, it was only a small eruption, so no one was hurt, and everything came back to normal. The second I got home I ordered a lot of things, including a flashlight from

because I was so scared and I wanted to be prepared, just in case something happens. Such things make you think more about life and the importance of first aid objects, so stay safe and be prepared.
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 7 Old 11-20-2020, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0rdanA View Post
A few years ago, we went on vacation, and it happened to be a disaster. In a few days, they announced there was a danger of a volcano erupting, and the chaos began. We couldn't go back home because the flights were canceled and we were so scared. After all, it was only a small eruption, so no one was hurt, and everything came back to normal. The second I got home I ordered a lot of things, including a flashlight from https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlig.../dp/B089T8HDBV because I was so scared and I wanted to be prepared, just in case something happens. Such things make you think more about life and the importance of first aid objects, so stay safe and be prepared.
That's awful. I also live in a dangerous area and I always have the necessary things on hand. I know it sounds crazy, but this is the world these days.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page