Mothering Forum banner

Moving to N. Utah - help!

787 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  darkblue0729 
#1 ·
DH was just offered a job at Utah State U., so we're moving to Logan in early August. Originally from the midwest, but we've been in rural VA for the last 2 years - Utah will be a totally new experience.

I'd love to hear from other mamas in the area. Compulsive Googling only gives you so much info, you know?
redface.gif

We have 2 kids: DD is 13, DS is 7 and #3 is on the way in early September. We've homeschooled for the past 6 years, leaning toward the eclectic/unschooling end of the spectrum. And I'm hoping for a homebirth with the new baby, but not sure if that's in the cards with a move so close to my EDD. At heart we're pretty big hippies - no circ, GD, veggie, etc etc! - but we seem to do a pretty good job "passing" in our small conservative southern town. I'm hoping Logan will be a LITTLE bit more diverse and open-minded than our current home...

If anyone is living in the area and/or has suggestions for birth care providers or places to look for house, or anything else, please holler!

Thanks...
love.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, and welcome to Utah! Logan actually has a decent homebirthing community. For a homebirth midwife, I'd recommend Chris ******- she is awesome! I can get you her info if you PM me.

#3 ·
You will fit in just fine up here! I was a little nervous too, since I'm a hippie at heart as well.. but I've been here for over a year now and LOVE it. Not as crunchy as Oregon or Washington, but it's OK! I'm also vegetarian and would LOVE to have more veggie-hippie-mama friends!

#5 ·
I live in the Valley, so a little ways from Logan, but I love Utah! We're crunchy granola, Waldorf homeschooling, virtually vegetarian, unapologetic homebirthers (trying to UC this time) My personal favorite midwife is Sherri Price but she's in Pleasant Grove which is a bit of a hike for you. I think you'll find that people out here are overall really nice and the views? Amazing...seriously, it is tough to have a bad day staring at the Rockies :) Good luck mama, HTH!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.