Holistic Organic Vegan Mama seeks like minded friends - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 05-02-2015, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Holistic Organic Vegan Mama seeks like minded friends

Hello Mamas,
Are any of the Mamas here attachment holistic minded and organic and vegan? And I don't ask that in an unkind way, just being clear. Do any of the Mamas here live in Oregon, specifically in Otis or Lincoln City near the coast? I'm very much in need of supportive friends and I'm having a very difficult time finding like minded friends locally. I thought it was strange at first, but since this region is not very diverse, people who "think outside the box" and enjoy alternative lifestyles are considered "witches" and are shunned and treated very cruelly, which I understand and can painfully relate to and I mention this because I put up a little note flyer at the local mom and pop natural food store and no one contacted me.

I know there are organic people living here and there are some vegetarians because the organic products sell very well, including the vegan products. My 3yo toddler son is not only teething, but is also developmentally delayed and my dear husband suffers from apnea and I'm severely chemically sensitive so we have a lot on our plate and we feel very alone. It's taking its toll on us emotionally. It would help us feel much better to have like minded friends to be with for comfort and support. I posted on mothering.com and no responses yet...I tweet about it often too. I would love to hear from some like minded Mamas. Please feel free to pm me. Thank you.

Thank you for being fragrance-free! Wear organic or wear nothing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by earthwriter; 05-02-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-04-2015, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time finding like minded people. Are there no such events in the area you could attend? Farmers markets maybe? I hope you find some good like minded friends. I spend a lot of time on this site because I can't always afford the gas to go visit friends. They aren't horribly fat away, but far enough that it puts a strain on the budget to use the gas. Good luck to you on your search.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page