Making friends - Seattle area - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 10-28-2017, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Making friends - Seattle area

I?m mom to an active 3 year old and adorable 3 month old. My husband is in his early 40s and I?m in my mid 30s. I?m fortunate enough to stay at home to raise my boys and will return to my career when they are in school down the road. A couple months ago we moved (about an hour away) to a new community and bought a house. We love it here.. safe, good schools, family oriented, lots of younger families with lots of activities but I?m finding it hard to make friends for me and the boys. Any suggestions? I?ve actually always struggled in this department and wish for a ?tribe? as this forum is called or even a single close friend would be fantastic! Here?s stuff I?ve tried so far.. introducing myself to neighbors, inviting those families over for play dates, attending mom group social mixers on meetup, story time at the library, toddler just finished a soccer class, attend toddler times at the community center, try chatting it up at the playgrounds.. it?s hard work! Especially with a newborn and new house to unpack etc. The neighbors have gotten together a few times and exchanged phone numbers which is nice but so far I get the feeling that they are pretty busy. I?m trying to be patient and give things time. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks for your time in reading and responding if you feel so inclined, Samantha

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page