Viewing Review: Perfect for the baby that truely needs it - Mothering Forums
Perfect for the baby that truely needs it Edit
by ashleyb87 Combined Rating: 4.0

These are way overdiagnosed.  They are a beast to wean from if your baby ever can wean from them.  My first son was severely tongue tied and couldn't latch at all.  We had to wait until we were...
Pros Cons
  • Easy to find in the stores, baby's nose can contact your breast
  • WAY overdiagnosed, no info on package to use under direction of an IBCLC

These are way overdiagnosed.  They are a beast to wean from if your baby ever can wean from them.  My first son was severely tongue tied and couldn't latch at all.  We had to wait until we were allowed to leave the hospital plus an extra day to get in to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor to clip his frenulum.  He was super nipple confused by then.  I saw an IBCLC and she gave me the older version of these that the silicone goes in a full circle.  I lost one and wanted to have one in my diaper bag because my son literally could not nurse without it.  I found this one in a store and then realized they were in pretty much every store and lots of grocery stores.  This became my preferred one.  I can't give it 5 stars though it did what we needed it to do because there isn't information to only use under the direction of an IBCLC.  Too many people use these when there are other things they can do to help things like nipple pain.  They are hard to wean from and like with bottles you need to always carry clean water, dish soap, etc to clean it after every single feeding.  There's no case to put it in or anything so you have to make your own or use a ziplock bag or something.  It got the job done and my son was able to nurse until he was 14.5 months when he decided to be done.  Had things gone differently he probably would have nursed longer (his brother never used one and nursed until I had to wean him with pregnancy complications 2 years + 4 months).  You *can* keep a good supply with these but it may take more work.  It's thin enough you should get stimulated enough but you should ONLY use under the direction and watchful eye of an IBCLC.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: