Registered
24,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
per the link

“He was initially admitted to ICU at St. Mary’s in West Palm Beach, FL on April 10th, and then he was air transported to Piedmont Atlanta Hospital on April 24th to be placed on ECMO,”

So - been sick since April...now awaiting a transplant...
.....makes me more wonder what kind of bacteria he picked up in the hospitals he's been in that exacerbated his condition leading to the need for the transplant. You know darn good and well if the hospital is at fault, they wouldn't disclose such info.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Anything can happen. I’d like to know his exact comorbidities and the statistical likelihood of his condition. Considering I’m older than the guy abs John’s Hopkins puts my risk at extremely minuscule - I dare say it’s more likely to die in a car crash than to suffer what he’s going through. It’s awful for sure. I’m very sorry for him. But it’s not a likely outcome for most in his age group.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anything can happen. I’d like to know his exact comorbidities and the statistical likelihood of his condition. Considering I’m older than the guy abs John’s Hopkins puts my risk at extremely minuscule - I dare say it’s more likely to die in a car crash than to suffer what he’s going through. It’s awful for sure. I’m very sorry for him. But it’s not a likely outcome for most in his age group.
Didn't you get the memo? You're only supposed to look at/believe/make choices based on population level data on vaccines and their side effects -- very rare! You're not supposed to look at/believe/make choices based on population level data on COVID -- usually harmless if you're not old and sick, but as you point out, anything can happen.

·
Registered
24,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anything can happen. I’d like to know his exact comorbidities and the statistical likelihood of his condition.
The El Al stewardess who acquired measles a few years back was hospitalized for complications and died, was found to have a nosocomial infection. That is what happens when you are in the hospital too long. Measles complications brought her to the hospital, but staying there killed her.

However, I assume that she got her childhood measles vaccination.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts