Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little one has had diarrhea for 4 days now and it's not getting any better. I am not sure what to do for her. What makes it worse is that I am now really sick myself
I am unable to make it to the store. I know about the BRAT diet but we don't have any bananas, she won't eat rice or toast and the applesauce alone certainly isn't helping.

This may just be a virus that we are going to have to wait out. She seems fine otherwise, she is happy most of the time, playing though her regular sleep is interrupted with diaper changes

My DH is out of town, I am getting behind on orders and the other 3 kids are bored out of their minds and watching too much TV
I am tired, weak and dehydrated

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Keri

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is she getting enough fluids? I tried the pedialyte popsicles when dd had a similar issue because I was concerned about dehydration and electrolyte loss. She seemed to like those and had fun eating them. I am not sure that there is anything else you can do but wait this out. I think the brat diet did help. Is there anyone who can get some bananas for you. I also uses organic puffed rice instead of cooked rice since dd likes it as a snack.
I hope you both get better soon,

michelle

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Get some powdered pro biotics for ballancing flora. And Carob powder is amazing for kids diarea. Put it in applesauce or yogurt. Poor Baby. Also don't hesitate to do a oil massage on belly. best wishes

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. Surpisingly she seems fine so I think between the water she drinks (she is a very good drinker) and the Mama milk I don't think she is dehydrated.
The pro biotics is a great idea, unfortunately, Whole Foods is about 30 minutes away, I don't have anyone that can go for me and I am not sure I can make the trip.
The good news is that DH gets back in town tonight so I can try to send him before they close.
She slept straight through last night without needing a change so maybe we are on the back end of this.

Thanks,
Keri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts