Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear women talk about doing a 1$ store pregnancy test. Do they really sell them there? Will the woman think I'm crazy if I walk in and ask where they are? Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm not actively TTC and I don't know if I'm pregnant (obviously).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dollar Tree sells them. Dollar General doesn't. I don't know about the other stores. At dollar tree they keep them behind the counter, so you have to ask; at least that's how it is at the one here. They have a little sign in the usual place you would find them (near "feminine care and family planning"), so if you're feeling shy about asking, just have a walk over and see what you find. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
At my dollar tree they aren't behind the counter. They're just on the aisle with the health care things. I walked right past them the first time, since they aren't packaged like most pregnancy test. They are in a rectangular box and it is flatter than most pregnancy test boxes, iykwim. The box is pink (the purple boxes are ovulation predictor tests). Best of luck. Oh, dollar store tests can give pretty strong evaporation lines so don't read them after the time limit! If you look after 10 minutes, you might have a faint second line, but don't trust that result. I cannot tell you how many times I freaked myself out that way.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I LOVE $ store test!! I'll NEVER buy a brand name test again until using a $ store test. They've also given me my earliest results (8/9 DPO BFP's with my last 2 pregnancies). Hey, and if you feel silly walking in and asking for them, just think of me...I've purchased like 10 at a time. Yikes.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
The Dollar Tree stores stores I've gone to in CA & OR don't have them behind the counter. And I always buy around 10 at a time.
Just yesterday I went to the Dollar Tree & bought 8 tests. I got *8* pg tests for less then one would pay for ONE First Response test!! And I get to fulfill my poas obsession for 8 whole days!
But yeah, ditto about the evaporation lines. Watch out for those.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatgurlmelissa
i didnt know these works, I ll keep this in mind , we have alot of dollar stores, which dollar stores?
:
Dollar Tree.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm so bummed, our local dollar tree isn't very local at all. I'd spend more in subway money and gas most likely. Plus hassel. Ugh! There is a "Family Dollar" near me, but I went there today and they didn't have anything. So I popped over to the local family planning clinic and they had MOVED! So, looks like I'll either have to wait for more serious symptoms (I haven't had a PP AF yet and my DD is 11 months) or schedule an appointment somewhere. We'll see!

A PP said they 1$ strips on cloth diaper sites? Which ones? Would you mind PMing me with it?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have 2 dollar general stores by me. The smaller one sells the $1 hpt and opks, but the other does not. I also go to the dollar store for them. I guess I'm lucky, they keep theirs in the aisles so I don't have to ask. And yeap, I've bought 10 at a time, usually of both opk and hpt to fullfill my obsession.

They do give very, very wicked evaporation lines though. I've had experiences with them starting before even 5 minutes, so be weary. I have taken 5 in one day just to show myself that they were just evap lines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.