Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sharing my chicken and avocado salad with my baby at a restaurant. We ate most of it until I noticed that a bit of the chicken was raw!!! What should I do?!? Can I give him grapefruit seed extract? I am completely freaking out. I'm going to give him some probiotics.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
ROTFLMAO.gif
When I read the title of your thread, I thought you were concerned because your baby ate half of a cooked chicken...I was coming to commiserate that my 2 y.o. will eat 2 steaks in a sitting.

I have no advice about the raw chicken. If it were my kid, I would try watchful waiting (and maybe a call to the nurses line if you have access to one just to be sure you know the signs of salmonella, etc.).

·
Registered
564 Posts
My infant was exposed to raw chicken and did develop samonella.
greensad.gif

Per our ped, for individuals over 6 mos. of age, you just let it run it's course and push fluids to avoid dehydration. Our dd was really sick for a week, but, recovered fully & is now a healthy 7 yo.
I hope your lo is spared and develops no symptoms! Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.