Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been doing part time EC since his birth, with cloth diapers and regular potty opportunities. We had a reasonable amount of success, and were especially successful for about a month in December. We caught pretty much everything and I thought we had got the hang of it. Every morning, like clockwork at 6am, I pottied him and he did both like it was a normal routine. Same throughout the day. Then, at the end of the month, my parents flew back home after a 3 week visit and things went horribly wrong. I still try to potty him regularly but he arches his back, howls, cries, and refuses to do it over the toilet. A minute or two later, he'll do it in his diaper or on the floor or, like today, on me. I feel like a failure. I don't want to create negative associations so I don't force it but I do keep trying throughout the day based on what I think are cues, even though it doesn't work. Help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.