Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much sleep should a 10 month old be getting?

I don't think my daughter is sleeping enough, and it takes her FOREVER to get there!

·
Registered
181 Posts
ooooh, we are so there with you! Josh usually sleeps an hour...maybe two during the day....plays all day long and around 10:30-11:00 hopefully he will go out...just to be up around 2:30 making tractor sounds ready to go play some more! Sometimes we can shush and pat him back to sleep, other times he's hungry eating does the trick. If he happens to sleep "all night" he's up at 5:00 am. I use to go to bed at 8:30 back in the day but it's usually around 11:00pm these days! I am curious to see if another poster has the answer to your question!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've read that 14 hours is ideal - 13 to 16. This is about 11 hours at night and 2 to 5 hours in naps. A 10 month old generally takes two naps a day. The more sleep deprived they are, the harder it is for them to fall asleep. Watch for early signs such as yawning or lying their head down, and try then or they get a 'second wind'.

DS is 11 months and he sleeps from 12-2pm and 8-7pm - usually, but it took a while to get here and some days he's way off the charts.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
DD is 10.5 months and usually sleeps 9:30ish to between 8:00 and 9:00 in the morning (wakes once or twice at night to nurse, then go right back to sleep), then takes a 2-3 hour nap during the day (sometimes a second nap if she got up early). So I guess that is about 13-14 hours for her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts