Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if i have posted this in the write section or not...but i have a problem with my 10 month old he refuses to eat meat or vegies all he will eat is fruit, custard, baby cereals, yoghurt and bread<br><br>
Has anyone else had this problem...is it anything to worry about? will he adventually eat it when he gets older? he is breastfed...would he be getting all he needs?<br><br>
My 6 year old never refused nothing as a baby so i am not sure what to do<br><br>
Thanks<br><br>
Tina

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
My ds won't eat meat either and he's 27 months.<br><br>
Due to muliple severe food allergies, meat is an important source of protein for my ds.<br><br>
What I do is boil a chicken breast (organic feed, range free, local grown) for about 1 hour and then when it cools puree it in the blender with some of the broth. Then I add to rice or noodles.<br>
This is the only way I've been able to get him to eat it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
My 26 month old dd won't either....<br><br>
don't worry too much.<br><br>
I just bulk up her iron and protein other ways....<br><br>
Check out some good vegetarian cookbooks or websites.<br><br>
My mom said I wouldn't eat meat until I was about 4....

·
Registered
664 Posts
10 months is still quite young. It sounds like he eats quite a variety already for his age. Neither of my dd's were eating solids at all at that age. DD1 started around 12 months and dd2 not until 22 months -just breastmilk. I started offering them at around 6-7 months, but they weren't interested. Babies develop an interest in solids during a wide range of time. I wouldn't worry about it. All he needs is your breastmilk right now and all the other is extra. Our doc was totally fine with my dd not eating solids until 22 months, said to just keep nursing. She's now almost 6 and a very healthy child. Listen to your child's cues and you can't go wrong. He knows what is best.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
He's young. Don't worry about the meat now. He is still getting what he needs from your bm. Make sure YOU are getting adequate protein. He will be fine. I believe that meat should be introduced when they have both sets of molars to chew it!<br>
My dd had her first meat at around....20-22 months. Now at 3 she loves meat, fish, tofu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts