Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He smells all the time, like a goat or wild animal. Even when he has washed and shampooed, just out of the bath, you can smell the goat smell under the soap.<br>
Is this the onset of puberty?

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
My 10 YO has the grossest foot odor I've ever encountered. We have him spray deodorant on his feet, wash them twice a day, and I am constantly washing tennies and sandals, or buying him new ones. I have no idea what causes this!<br><br>
8(

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Toot Toot! Here comes the Puberty train!!!<br><br>
My twins were pretty young when they started smelling like grownups - filthy, unwashed grownups. So they started bathing every day, and using anti-perspirant, which helped a lot.<br><br>
Now, at age 12, they are more like "normal" grownups. Unless they work up a good sweat, they can get by with a shower every other day, and it's still safe to ride in the car with them!<br><br>
Warriorprincess, if your son is still stinky after a shower, maybe he needs a little coaching on how to actually scrub the stinky parts (armpits, feet, genitals). If he's just waving soap over them, it's not good enough.

·
Registered
374 Posts
When my boys hit jr. high and started dressing out for gym and athletics, they found out about all the hip, cool body sprays they advertise on TV. They both drown themselves in this stuff, and a little goes a long way. I've tried to tell them I can smell them coming from across the street, but it has made no difference. My eyes water when I drive them to school in the morning. I think I liked the body odor better.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
The hormones will even out and leave a more normal stench. My older 2 are going through this and DD's odors are normalizing finally. I thought for a while that she had fallen in toxic waste, but nope.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I would make sure they are using a wash cloth. I have to had to have this discussion with my fourth graders. A lap around the playground will have me opening windowsa in the dead of winter, lol!

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
warrior princess, I got an appointment with the ped for my kid next week, apparently there are prescriptions for this sort of thing.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">When my boys hit jr. high and started dressing out for gym and athletics, they found out about all the hip, cool body sprays they advertise on TV. They both drown themselves in this stuff, and a little goes a long way. I've tried to tell them I can smell them coming from across the street, but it has made no difference.</td>
</tr></table></div>
I have a 36yo border who still does this.lol We had teachers in highschool who also did. They were all men except the 1 woman though she could have done with just 1 less squirt. It wasn't as strong as the men. To be honest though even when I wear perfume I don't know if I"m wearing too much or not enough. nobody has made comments about drowning myself in it so I'm guessing it isn't too much.lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts