Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay montessori momma's and teachers, let's get a list going of ideas to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Montessori?
What ideas does your school/pta/teachers/pto/students have?
What ideas do you have?
AMS/AMI/other organizations?

·
Registered
761 Posts
We will have a celebration of the Centenary at our school - this will involve the Solstice Celebrations and Pledge to the Earth that combine our Montessori philosophy and LEED (leadership in energy and environmental design) certification. Plans are still underway.
There are some wonderful AMI events happening in Rome and in San Francisco, many events happening around the world. Check out
http://montessoricentenary.org/ Under "events", then "worldwide celebrations", there is a "message board" that people are leaving their ideas on. Also, sign the "Montessori Centenary Declaration" while you're there.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The elementary children at our school are putting on a play about the life and work of Maria Montessori (for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it b/c my kids are in the primary (3-6) class and aren't participating in it, but we will certainly be going to see the production)!
Also, I am organizing a community garden project for our school in which the families will grow food for themselves as well as donate a portion of the crop to a local soup kitchen. We're calling it "Growing Vegetable Soup" after the Lois Ehlert book of the same name.
I
Montessori!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.