Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son was in his high chair and my back was turned next thing I know he is in the floor on top of the tray and there is a red bump bruising on his for head. Ugh what do I do? Please advice first time mom and first fall! I'm crying more then he is

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
I would call the pediatrician's office or nurse's helpline for advice. Put some ice on the bump and watch him for signs of a concussion. Children this age fall quite a bit and they are usually fine. That is a higher distance so you want to observe for any potential problems.
And always make sure the child is buckled in the high chair with the tray secured. If this high chair is not stable enough for a 10-month old, look into a different kind of chair. It's harder to get out of one that is hooked onto the table for instance.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
The baby is probably fine, kids are very bouncy. But if you are worried about head trauma, posting on a message board is probably not a better idea than calling a doctor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
At this age it is very common for the babies to fall down frequently and get injured. Don't worry.......hope your baby is doing good now!! At this age we need to be more careful about them, should keep an eye on them each and every minute in order to avoid such injuries.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My son was in his high chair and my back was turned next thing I know he is in the floor on top of the tray and there is a red bump bruising on his for head. Ugh what do I do? Please advice first time mom and first fall! I'm crying more then he is

Normally for a child to get a concussion on the brain they have to black out for a period of time. 90% of the worlds population has scars on their face near an eyebrow.

·
Registered
243 Posts
That sure is a fascinating statistic. I couldn't find any mention of it when googling. Where on earth did you come across such an interesting fact? That's a massive amount of people!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts