Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD is almost a year old and I have no interest in stopping nursing any time soon (or ever really!). However, it seems like my supply is going down. I've had somewhat low supply all along but have been able to EBF and never supplement with formula. I did mother's milk tea for a while, and then took domperidone for several months. I had weaned myself off it, then a few months ago noticed a downturn in supply again and went back on it. A week or so ago I started running out and thought I could just wean down again and we'd be alright. Well, unfortunately we're not and I don't want to run out of milk! I've ordered more dom, but in the time it will take to get here we are leaving the country.. which means I will probably run out of dom in about three weeks and then have two weeks without it at all.

What else can I do to up my supply while traveling? Is it typical for supply to dwindle at around a year? Can she go through a slow patch of nursing and then pick it back up again? Does stress decrease supply (cause I've been really stressed lately)

I really, really, really don't want this to be the beginning of the end! :(
mecry.gif

·
Registered
199 Posts
I take an alfalfa supplement, which DEFINITELY helps my supply (it's always worked the SAME day).

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the Mother's Milk Tea has fenugreek and blessed thistle in it, but can I take more on top of that? Also can you tell me more about alfalfa?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.