Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the past couple weeks my almost 1 year old girl has started screaming (with and w/o crying)... at first i thought she was doing it to be silly, but then i noticed she was irritated...<br><br>
she sleeps in the same room as my husband and i, and i'm used to to her waking to breastfeed/cuddle in early morning (3 times max) but now she wakes up screaming and crying all though the night... breastfeeding calms her but only for an hour.<br><br>
teething? that's what i thought. i use this gel from whole foods and try to apply it as often as i remember. doesn't really do anything. i don't like using pain reliever like tylenol, so i bought this homeopathic flu stuff that is a pain reliever as well. doesn't really do anything either. now, i have been using "tylenol" (a brand not recalled) and, you guessed it, not doing anything. (she does have a temp, around 100, but not sure if that's due to crying or her just being active.)<br><br>
this morning after a hard night, daughter wakes up earlier than usual, red eyes and... screaming and crying from 7am to 10:30am. there were a few moments she was looking thru a book, had some breakfast, and played with her dolly. but other than that she was screaming on the top of her lungs, and it sounded like she was gonna die. she wouldn't let me hold her, rock her, read to her, play with her, kiss her... nothing. i finally lied with her on our bed and she rolled around screaming and screaming for over an hour. it was so bad.<br><br>
our doc is not that great... when something is wrong it's a "virus"... right? or "that's what babies do"...<br><br>
any ideas?<br><br>
thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
it still could be teething. i found that tylenol didn't do much to ease my dd's pain. motrin was a little better. def. have her checked for an ear infection too. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts