Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little one is getting her molars in and is completely miserable. She's drooling up a storm and worst of all, her nose is running constantly. She has a hard time sleeping even with pain relief, I'd imagine because of the post-nasal drip. Right now she only sleeps in arms, in the Ergo, or best of all, in her stroller. It seems that the only really sound, quality sleep she gets is in the stroller. At night neither she nor I sleep very well because she needs me to prop her up on my arm all night. But during the day the second we put her in the stroller to go for a walk, she's out. And wakes up refreshed instead of cranky. Also, we can't set her down on the bed, but we can set her in the stroller just fine and she will keep sleeping.<br><br>
I know with newborns it's dangerous to let them sleep propped up in a seat or so forth for any long lengths. I'm sure that doesn't apply to 11 month olds, but thought I'd ask just in case someone knew something I don't. At this point she is so tired and cranky all the time, if she sleeps better in the stroller at night, I'll park it next to the bed.<br><br>
FWIW we are flat broke until mid-June so any recommendations of products would be completely useless.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
All 3 of my dd's have gone through a period where they have needed to sleep propped up. In our case the only thing was the carseat/carrier. I felt awful about them sleeping that way but come morning when we had all had a good nights sleep I didn't feel badly at all.<br><br>
I even tried propping up one end her cosleeper but just wasn't the same.<br><br>
I say if it works go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts