Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, please help what to do with nursing strike. My baby girl is almost 12 months and I nurse her 5-6 times at day. She just got cold and been coughing and it turned to be ear infection. Yesterday morning I nurse her and then she threw up. Since then she refuses to nurse. I do not know what to do. I have been pumping and giving her milk by spoon and syringe and she is taking it. The doctor said she has ear infection and irritated throat from viral infection. We just started antibiotic and she seems little better, but no interest in breastfeeding. What shuld I do? I am not ready to quit yet . I nursed her to put her sleep in night and to nap, now it is problem and she keeps screaming and crying, because she can't soothe herself. I am flying to Europe in two weeks and the flight is 13 hours. Nursing always put her to sleep, now she keeps screaming because she can not comfort herself. any advices please

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, please help what to do with nursing strike. My baby girl is almost 12 months and I nurse her 5-6 times at day. She just got cold and been coughing and it turned to be ear infection. Yesterday morning I nurse her and then she threw up. Since then she refuses to nurse. I do not know what to do. I have been pumping and giving her milk by spoon and syringe and she is taking it. The doctor said she has ear infection and irritated throat from viral infection. We just started antibiotic and she seems little better, but no interest in breastfeeding. What shuld I do? I am not ready to quit yet . I nursed her to put her sleep in night and to nap, now it is problem and she keeps screaming and crying, because she can't soothe herself. I am flying to Europe in two weeks and the flight is 13 hours. Nursing always put her to sleep, now she keeps screaming because she can not comfort herself. any advices please
I breastfed first daughter 11 months, second 12 1/2 months, but my third cut me off at 10 months. It broke my heart, but after learning that she is dairy intolerant, gluten intolerant, etc, it began to make sense. I would give a couple of more days to see if she feels better, it may be the phlegm in her throat. Maybe wean her to twice a day and your milk will cut down some. I know the feeling when you are not ready!:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just offered milk from bottle cold from fridge and she finished half bottle. Still no interest in breast. I am so concern, because we have long haul flight in 2 weeks (13 hours) and can not imagine how to pump milk in the plane. I also thought this will be easier, becasue she used to fall asleep on my breast. Now that is refusing how to sooth her in the plane without screaming.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Keep offering the breast but don’t be insistent that she nurse. Do skin-to-skin for her comfort. If you have access to a chiropractor, try to get in to have her adjusted soon, before the flight. I’m not sure where you are, but if you have access to homeopathic remedies, I’d look for one for her ears. Hyland’s is a brand I’ve trusted for decades. Antibiotics are wildly disruptive to gut flora. I would find an infant probiotic supplement as well, and since you’re nursing, avoid common allergens in your own diet, like wheat, soy, cow dairy, and so on. GL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts