Mothering Forum banner

110 years since I cloth diapered, help!

497 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  octobermom 
#1 ·
Okay, not really. But my youngest is 5 and I didn't CD my older one.

What we did for her is mostly prefolds when she was newborn (preemie) with prorap covers since they were tiny enough, and then when she got older we tried a few kinds and settled on Fuzzi Bunz. She wore size xs, s, and m, and then potty trained.

Well, now they have the sized FB's as well as the one size, and new things like BumGenius and G Diapers, and...aack!

I also just barely had learned to knit when my youngest was born, so I made some soakers and longies for her, but now I know I could knock out an entire longie/soaker wardrobe if I wanted to (considering I'm not even pregnant yet, lol.)

So, I still think prefolds when the baby is small and not mobile, maybe I'll learn to fold and Snappi and then can use wool covers?

I'd like to know more about good, absorbent, not too pricey fitteds or countours that I can use with wool.

And are the FB one-size nice? Easy to use? What about some of the other ones? What's a good travel/childcare diaper?

See less See more
#2 ·
for daycare, i just use any pocket with aplix and make sure i send it pre-stuffed. i bet you could convince a daycare to snap a fb too though, lol. they changed fb, so they don't fit exactly the same. i still really like them, and actually like them more because the medium looks like it may fit my dd at least most of the way to potty training, but i'd just get a couple to start with if you are considering them. i havent tried the fb os, so cant tell you about those.

i like our bg, but they won't fit her more than a few more mos i bet (shes 13 mos), and the aplix is a pain in the butt. it wears out quickly. we just got a bunch of kawaii diapers, that were meant to be for dh and the daycare provider because they are aplix, and i really prefer snaps usually. well, they rock so much i've been using them instead. pretty similar to bg, only fit a bigger baby, way cheaper, and seem like they may be better quality.

if i could knit, i'd have a huge wool stash too! i love wool for summer and winter months! prefolds were our favorite for the non mobile stage, but now i have to either put a pocket dipe on her or a fitted and wool. it takes a lot to get this kid to hold still for a diaper change, and the last time i tried a prefold it was a disaster!

there are lots of fitteds out there i hear are great but haven't tried- i really want to try a motherease sandys fitted, along with quite a few others. our fitteds stash is mostly made of clovers, cricketts, and motherease one size diapers. all three of these brands are brands i like, and they have all held up well.

#4 ·
Well I was in a similiar boat. My oldest is 7 and I'm cloth diapering again.. (shes 2 months) I got all excited with all the new thigns and I tried out a bunch of new things the bumgenius, G diapers new styles of fitted and such.. but you know what I'm pretty much back where I was with my first LOL.
I'm using prefolds and flats mostly I do appreciate and love the new better sized prefolds. I'm using the imagine from Nicki diapers and LOVIN them!
still prefer bummi covers but also loving my fluffy covers from Etsy
loving my MEOS now thats shes reached 9lbs...
love my tinytush orginal onesize for nighttime
love my LL flat diapers

Deanna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.