Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd just started grinding her teeth today, is this ok? Will it cause harm to her little teeth? the sound hurts my ears..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry I have no answer for you. But my 11 month old does the same thing when he is cutting a new tooth. I usually just give him a wooden teether and he happily chomps on that.<br><br>
I hope you get some replies!

·
Registered
520 Posts
My son did that for a while, I think both to ease the teething pain with pressure and because he does love to make new noises. I did my best not to grind my own teeth because the sound drove me NUTS, and ignored it. Now that I think about it, he hasn't done it in a while! Mine never responded well to chewing on things offered, so that didn't help.<br><br>
My main thing was just not giving the behavior any attention. I worried that if it got a reaction out of me, he'd do it just to get the reaction. (of course I give him attention when he wants it and probably sometimes when he doesn't!)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
totally normal. mine does this when cutting a new tooth and it is usually just a day or two. annoying but it passes quickly (for us anyway). you're not alone!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mama's! DD is cutting 2 new teeth right now and she does love making new sounds but I think she forgot about it! She didn't gring her teeth today..Thankfully!! The noise drives me crazy!!! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts