Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked his ped about whether it could indicate a food allergy. She said if the bags under his eyes are a bluish tint, that typically indicates an allergy, but if they are reddish, usually not.<br><br>
His are reddish. We must have gotten sidetracked in our discussion, because I never got an answer as to why he has bags in the first place.<br><br>
He'll wake up from a nap with bags under his eyes and sometimes even a couple of hours later, he'll have them.<br><br>
Not sure if that means he is still tired or what causes them.<br><br>
Ideas?

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I think a food allergy presents itself as bluish, but an environmental/sinus issue is reddish?<br><br>
I have seen the bluish tint quite plainly in my own children, and my dh, and can trace the food source easily, but I've never seen an on-going reddish tint.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Did they check baby's iron level?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, his iron level was not checked. It was his 1 year well baby visit too.<br><br>
Is that supposed to be part of one of his check ups?<br><br>
I thought they would have checked that, particularly since he was a preemie. I do have him on Polyvisol multivitamin daily, which has iron in it.<br><br>
I've asked his ped about anemia, but she didn't seem to think it was an issue.<br><br>
He has another well baby visit in two months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts