Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dd is 12 months and weaned herself just shy of a year
She's always been really needy and "ate" a lot. But it's getting insane now. I don't think she's actually hungry. She just freaks out until she gets some form of food. Here's a break down of her meals yest

-8 ounce bottle-organic soy formula
-1/2 an apple, 4 medium hempseed/whole wheat pancakes
-2 ounces almond milk
-1/4 brick of tofu, handful of corn
-8 ounce bottle of formula
-rice cake, rest of apple
-handful of peas, about 12 penne ww pasta, eggplant
-2 ounces almond milk

Here's where it really gets out of control:
-8 ounce bottle before bed
An hour and a half later 2 8 ounce bottles
Dh accidently woke her at 12:30, she screamed with him until 1:30 had another 8 ounce bottle
3:30 another 8 ounce bottle!

That's 7 bottles!

She's been doing it for awhile. It's not only a night thing today she had 4 bowls of soup(broth drained) for lunch and ate more then ds(3) at dinner. I don't think she's hungry the only thing that calms her down is food. During the day she'll just start freaking out at the slightest thing, and the only thing that stops her is eating. I don't want to starve her obviously BUT I dont want to start a habit that she has to break. I try distraction(lets play w xyz toys, lets just lay down and cuddle, lets go for a walk) NOTHING works except food!
Any advice?

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
I would probably go to the doctor just to make sure everything is okay medically. Sometimes kids think they're hungry when really their stomach hurts. I don't have advice other than that, sorry. That is a lot of food!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is going to the drs. at the end of the month b./c she didnt gain any weiight in 3 months and he wants to double check her. I've been figuring that its b/c she weaned herself and went onto formula that she didn't gain any weight.

At least Im not the only one that thinks that's a lot. Ds use to eat a lot. But dd can eat him under the table!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
2 theories: 1) She's gaining weight now since she didn't before or 2) She is not absorbing a lot of what she is eating, so she is always hungry because her body needs more food. Either way, a trip to the Dr. and a sit on the scale sounds in order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.