Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by snarfywarning View Post
Make him clean it up. Watch him get the rags and soaps himself, and stand there watching while he scrubs it out. Make him do it every time.

"Is spending this long cleaning it worth the time it saves to not make it to the bathroom?"

Maybe put an infant potty seat in his room, or offer to make him cloth diapers to wear around home and school, grind up vegetables to put on his dinner plate, restict all TV and Video games to Baby shows or something. If he wants to be a baby so bad.... :p

Both of those things would have put me in my place right away.
That's terrifying. This kid could be having serious medical and/or psychological issues, and this treatment is absolutely cruel. For real, yikes.

· Registered
2,618 Posts
Quote:
What the OP said was her sonsaid was "I didnt want to get up"

which to ME means

"I am too lazy to get up in the middle of night and use the bathroom"
Even if it is "just laziness," having him wear cloth diapers to school and forcing him to eat baby food is SHAMING and DEGRADING him. How is it okay to treat anyone that way, especially a child? Frankly, I'm shocked that you think this is appropriate.

· Registered
2,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by snarfywarning View Post
I really dont think the diapers would get as far as school. The typical lazy preteen would shape up the second they were passed a nappy. Not that you would force a 12 year old into a diaper anyways, notice i said "Offer to make him diapers to wear around home and school" OFFER as in "If you dont wanna go in the pot, here is an alternate choice!" I also said "put ground up veggies on his dinner plate" instead of green beans, he gets green bean puree. I didnt say "Feed him only crappy processed baby rice!" You need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

This is a 12 year old we are talking about. Pretty much a teenager. Not some toddler who doesn't know right from wrong.
It's startling that you truly think that this is an acceptable response to this issue. It's even more bizarre that you think I was appalled at offering him "crappy processed baby rice." Just...wow.

· Registered
2,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qerratsmom View Post
I have taught middle school and 12 year old boys, even ones that have no mental or physical problems, are still very young and immature and actually can cry easier than the girls. I would never shame a CHILD. I hope Zonie has a chance to modify her opinion on adolecent children before her own children reach that age. Twelve is still very young. If I were the OP and it was my son, I would be offended by Zonie's suggestions.
I agree whole-heartedly. There also seems to be an undercurrent of hostility toward the child - is it because he's a boy? WOuld people have spewed such angry garbage if this were a girl?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.