Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
Make him clean it up. Watch him get the rags and soaps himself, and stand there watching while he scrubs it out. Make him do it every time.

"Is spending this long cleaning it worth the time it saves to not make it to the bathroom?"

Maybe put an infant potty seat in his room, or offer to make him cloth diapers to wear around home and school, grind up vegetables to put on his dinner plate, restict all TV and Video games to Baby shows or something. If he wants to be a baby so bad.... :p

Both of those things would have put me in my place right away.

· Registered
230 Posts
What the OP said was her sonsaid was "I didnt want to get up"

which to ME means

"I am too lazy to get up in the middle of night and use the bathroom"

I have no reason to think her son is covering for anything else, just that he is lazy. I wish that I could just pee on the ground sometimes, instead of getting out of bed, and I don't have any "issues" but I dont want to have to clean it up, and I am not a baby who doesnt have a choice, so I make the extra effort to get out of bed.

It was not my intent to make him feel bad for some underlying problem, that was only a solution to "lazyness" not some scary urinary tract or emotional issue.

· Registered
230 Posts
I really dont think the diapers would get as far as school. The typical lazy preteen would shape up the second they were passed a nappy. Not that you would force a 12 year old into a diaper anyways, notice i said "Offer to make him diapers to wear around home and school" OFFER as in "If you dont wanna go in the pot, here is an alternate choice!" I also said "put ground up veggies on his dinner plate" instead of green beans, he gets green bean puree. I didnt say "Feed him only crappy processed baby rice!" You need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

This is a 12 year old we are talking about. Pretty much a teenager. Not some toddler who doesn't know right from wrong.

· Registered
230 Posts
Glad to be the startling one in this conversation. :p

I said "Offer to make him diapers" and you said "Force him to wear it to school"
I said "Mashed of Vegetables" and you said "Baby Food"

I am just trying to clarify things a little bit for you, since I think that you arn't quite grasping what I am suggesting.

So here it is again, so you can all stop crucifing me

1. Have him clean up his pee, instead of you (if you are cleaning it up for him) Maybe if he knows that he has to clean it up, he will make the extra effort to get to the bathroom.

2. -If he can't get up to take a leak, give him an potty and a diaper.
-If he can't get up to take a leak, he can't get up to watch TV or play video games.
-If he is truely JUST doing this because he is lazy, and he is "acting like a baby" instead of the teenager he nearly is, then treat him like a "baby"

He will get the point, and he will get it fast. It isnt rubbing his nose in it, it isnt dehumanizing to offer him a diaper or pureed vegetables if he wants to "be a baby" The kid is twelve years old, he has been potty trained for like ten years, and he is just now getting into the lazy teenager phase.

I have no reason to think that children would lie to their parents. If my kid tells me "I didn't want to get up" it means "I didnt wanna get up" I have no reason to not trust her childs word.

· Registered
230 Posts
Because it works.

ohnoes! Make him take responsibility for his actions, and clean up his own pee.

ohnoes! Offer him a diaper and a potty, because he is being a lazy preteen and is acting like a toddler.

I don't assume that children are liars, so I see no need to take him to get evaluated or take him to 1290830 doctors to get his penis checked for abnomalities, when he just told his mom what is wrong with him.

No need to get hostile and uppity, Ladies, she doesn't have to take my suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.