Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,704 Posts
I like the idea of the bottle next to the bed. I think its a good solution until you get to the drs or a therapist to find out why its happening.

Calmly and potlitely ask him to use it instead of the carpet. And calmly and politely remind him to clean up his mess if he misses. And give him all the tools he needs to clean. Just leave them in his room so he doesnt have to ask for them.

Humiliating is soooo not the way to go. Unless you want things to get worse, of course.

· Registered
3,704 Posts
Quote:
Now, here's the important part: after that visit, we went out to the car, and my mom turned to me before turning the car on and said "I believe you. We'll figure this out. Don't worry." I had felt so stressed about being a bad girl, and not really knowing how to fix it (yeah, to kids "stop peeing" isn't always that obvious...). But I felt so much better when my mom said that. She believed me! (As for what exactly she believed I don't remember, but it doesn't matter). I was so relieved. I never, ever peed the bed again. I was just so relieved in my mother's faith and love in me.
The absolute beauty and love in this brought tears to my eyes.

Why dont we ever give kids the benefit of the doubt? We see a parent yelling at her kid at the store and we encourage one another to think, "hey, maybe she's just having a bad day" we shouldnt judge. To which I agree. So why cant we think that way about a 12 year old? It just has to be laziness, right? Is this more of the kids are born evil and we have to "set them straight"?

12 is not an adult. No where even close. Why is so much expected from them? We dont expect perfection from grown ups, why a child? So sad, so very sad.

(fek, I'm watching you
)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.