Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
928 Posts
definitely do NOT humiliate him! can you imagine if he actually has a medical or psychological problem and is using the "i didn't want to get up" card as an excuse to save himself the embarrasment of admitting his problem? that would be so awful for him to deal with.

· Registered
928 Posts
another idea -- even though most twelve year olds would be absolutely mortified to admit this, severe or recurring nightmares are not THAT uncommon. if it happened at night, maybe he had to urinate after a nightmare and was too scared to get out of bed? i know approaching it could be embarrasing since he'll probably look at you like "WHAT? NO WAY!" but i think it's worth asking. after a traumatic event in my life just over a year ago, as an adult woman, i had nightmares so bad there were several occasions i was too scared to get out of bed for ANYTHING. i never urinated in or around my bed but if i had to pee during one of those episodes following a nightmare, i just might have considered it.

· Registered
928 Posts
i'm so glad he was able to confide in you and tell you the reason. thank goodness you didn't press the issue or punish him in a way that would humiliate him. i'm sure he feels much better knowing that you aren't judgemental or upset, you just care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.