Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my ds was very irritable and upset pretty much all day, the night before I had eaten quite a bit of lasagna, he had a restless sleep and was quite cranky in the morning, he usually wakes smiling.

He was quite out of character yesterday, I couldn't get him to calm down very well and he wasn't nursing well. My milk was also taking a long time to come in.???. I gave him a bath to try to calm him down, which worked, then shortly after the bath he started getting a bit of a rash on his body, mostly just tummy, but it was very faint. Then around 7pm, it really started to come out. I had a piece of lasagna for lunch too... It was quite splotchy and bad almost over his whole trunk and some on his face and head. He was crying til almost 12am when he fell asleep. He woke up once to nurse, not much...then didn't wake until 8:30 am. still crabby. He still has the rash, more on his face and head now, but it is quite light. He doesn't have a fever, or a cough, or a stuffy nose...But he has been spitting up quite a bit the last two days...since i ate the stuff.

He seems to almost have an aversion to my milk, and he is normally a non-stop nurser.

I am a little allergic to tomatoes, so i never eat them. I am wondering if this could be an allergic reaction to the tomatoes or something else...I can't get in to see my dr til tomorrow, but might go to a walk in clinic today.

What do you think??? I'm getting worried...

· Registered
108 Posts
My ds has a bad rash on his face (cheeks) and a more mild one on his arms and tummy. It just about breaks my heart!! Our dr says it is eczema. I read that in babies, eczema can flare up if the mother eats certain foods. I have noticed that Derek's rash seems to get worse when I eat dairy products. Your ds may have the same problem. (lots of cheese in lasagna) Here are a couple of links that my dsis sent me. (Hopefully they post right, I am kind of a rookie.) Good luck with him.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/bab...ash/10872.html

http://www.drgreene.com/21_647.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.