Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have every intention of nursing for a while, but my 13 mo old dd is starting to drive me crazy. I'm getting frustrated at every nursing session and that's certainly not going to help me out.

She's nursing 2-3 times a day, usually just first thing in the morning and right before bed. I'm trying to night wean her right now, so she's sometimes waking around midnight to nurse as well. She's very eager to nurse but the minute she latches on, she's all over me and she's getting aggressive. She hits, pinches, kicks me in the face, bites if I get after her and tell her no, etc. She also climbs like mad. She stands up, walks all over me and tries to slide off my lap all while she's still latched on.

I've tried a nursing necklace, 'new' toys, reading books, singing songs, holding her hands, etc and nothing's working.

Could someone give me some encouragement? Any ideas on how to handle this without getting frustrated?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts

yoga breathing helps me when i'm feeling challenged by my dd (during nursing or any time). when i'm trying to nurse her to sleep and she's fighting it i count and breathe slowly. somewhere along the line i selected the number 26 as what i count to (not sure why...don't know if it has any significance
). the counting and the deep breathing is usually enough to take my mind off willing her to fall. asleep. now.

if i get to 26 and i don't feel calm....i start again....but usually 26 deep slow breaths works.

i'm not sure if this will be any help for you of if it just sounds
but i just thought i'd share FWIW because it's helped me.

i also don't allow twiddling, pinching, scratching etc. because i just feel like
when she does it. i just unlatch and say no pinching (or whatever she's doing that's driving me
) and I'll keep unlatching and telling her no until she stops doing it.

hang in there mama!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts