Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, please tell me I am not alone in this....I need a little encouragment that this too shall pass! I was feeling better throughout the last couple of weeks, more energy, less all day sickness. But the last two days have been not so much fun. It's weird because now my nausea is not so constant, but it seems more intense. Before I never felt like I was going to throw up, except as a result of a few smell aversions. But today and yesterday there have been moments when I almost felt like I needed to go sit in front of the toilet. Today has been especially bad because I have some beef stew going in the crockpot, and the smell is making me sick. I don't know how I'm going to actually eat it for dinner! Plus, I had to take the dog to the vet today and run some errands in town...and I almost thought at one point I was going to have to pull over because the motion sickness/nausea were overwhelming, even though I was driving, at that!<br><br>
Sorry to complain so much...I know many of you have it much worse. I guess it's just frustrating to me since I thought I was over the m/s only to feel now like it's getting worse. My MIL said that she tended to get nauseated when the baby was going through a growth spurt...so maybe that's the way I need to think about it. My little peanut is busy growing, and I just have to deal with it throwing my system a little out of whack.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking it was probably a sudden rise in hormones or something... I feel fine lately, and then WHAM a bad day. I try to focus on the "hey a healthy baby!" aspect. But I imagine that will wear off as time goes on!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I had the same thing. Right around 12wks I started feeling better, when I hit 13 I got another bout of nausea. It started this past mon, and now today fri I'm feeling better again. So hopefully it only lasts a few days for you too!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon... And get away from that stew!!<br><br>
It's funny you posted this this morning. I'll be fourteen weeks this weekend, and I've been feeling fantastic for the last week or so. Of course, this morning I threw up (for the first time since Easter)! I had a weird but strong urge to announce it to all the world, so I jumped on MDC, and there was your post!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the words of encouragement, mammas! I actually was able to eat the veggie-beef stew last night after all. I really wanted it, even though the smell was making me sick (twisted? yes, I know.) So I tasted it, and it was really good! I even felt better after eating it! I think I probably had not had nearly enough protein all day, so that was no doubt part of my problem.<br><br>
I feel alot better today, which is good because we have company coming for dinner and I have alot of cleaning to do. Sometimes I think that if I just stay busy enough, I don't have time to think about how I feel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts