Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 14 month old that we have been doing EC with since about 6 months. He has made lots of progress and almost always cues us when he needs to go. The main problem is that he doesnt seem to like going to the portable potty we have in the living room. He will usually go in a flush toilet (especially, Ive noticed if we're in town and using a big, fancy bathroom!) but, we live in a very small, essentially one room cabin and our toilet is in a separate building- not far but pretty inconvenient to walk over to for a busy little toddler. So we have a baby bjorn in our living room, and when he needs to go I bring it over to his play area hoping to disrupt him as little as possible. But recently as soon as I pick him up, or try to get him to sit on it, he screams and arches and runs away. Its confusing to me, since he also doesnt want to be carried to the outbuilding , and I'm at a bit of a loss. (his favorite place to poop is outside on the ground!) I EC'd my twins (who are now almost 11) and I dont remember having this particular problem (though we had plenty of roadblocks with them).
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts