Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I am going nuts! She keeps shoving her fingers down her throat for months now! She does it like all the time and has made herself vomit 3x. I try to discourage it, distract her, entertain her ect when she wants to do it she will do it for like 30 mins straight for seemingly no reason and won't stop until she feels like it. IDK why she's doing it or what to do about it. help?</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>my DD went through a stage where she did that at about that age. I think it started because she was exploring her mouth, and continued because it freaked her dad out. once I got him to ignore it unless she actually did make herself puke (and then just cleaned it up) it became less fun and she stopped doing it. </p>

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
<p>Same thing happened here. We finally tried ignoring her when she did that and she quit. Drove me nuts though1 :)</p>

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>I am trying to ignore her! I am so relieved it is normal though! DH like has a heart attack when she does it. He's like OMG make her stop what are we going to do?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks ladies</p>

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
<p>My son does the same thing. He was actually doing it in the car tonight. I honestly hate it but can't figure out how to get him to stop. Pulling his hands away or ignoring him don't seem to help so I'm just hoping he'll grow out of it. He's made himself vomit twice both grossly inconvenient, once at a restaurant and once in his carseat. </p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts