2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*put load of laundry
*stripped bedding off Dora room
*wiped dressers in room 1 and 2
*cleaned off counter in bathroom
*wiped tub and toilet
*wiped counter off in second bathroom

Off to do more back in about 15 minutes or so!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I want to join!

I am feeling under the weather (in bed, nauseous, blah), however, so I am going to use this technique to work on my digital pictures. I'll get someone to bring me a timer and every 15 minutes, I will close the program (only way to save changes
). Maybe in short spurts, I'll be motivated to do all this AGAIN. I spent hours on it a few days ago and the program freaked out and I had to force quit, which lost allllll those changes.
(DH & I think we fixed the problems that caused the "freak out"....)

I did the 15-minute thing on Monday for real.
I spent 15 minutes in every room on our main level (an hour total), plus 15 minutes out front and 15 minutes on a kitchen project.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
First 15 minutes are up and I got through a couple "events". I am up to mid-June 1999 (our wedding pics). Time for another round.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Another 15 minutes of digital picture management. Still on wedding pics in mid-June 1999.

My goals for this pass are:

1. Create new "events" when current event has more than 100 pictures. (It is too cumbersome to find pictures by approximate date with hundreds of photographs in each general event back in the early events. We have nearly 17,000 digital pictures!)

2. Ensure every picture has appropriate keywords.

3. Name most pictures or delete them. They don't have to be creative names, but meaningful and descriptive. (I purposely left our professional wedding pics the original numbers given by the photographer. We know our favorites by the number and it keeps them in order because they were actually scans all done on the same day. We have the negatives now and another project is to scan all of those and match them up to the scanned photo.)

4. Ensure each pic is dated correctly or at least as close as I can. Scans are dated with the date it was imported into the library unless someone (me) manually changes the date. I have a key word "scan" for another pass, but at this point I am just going in date order for the above 3 tasks and taking care of #4 as I see them.

5. Reverting photos back to the original in most cases. We use a lot of pictures in various things and crop and otherwise alter the original frequently. In recent years, I made a copy of the original to mess around with, which left the original alone. Back in the beginning, though, I am finding we just used the original to play with. I am either deleting the copies (if it is a simple to recreate change) or keeping it and naming it the exact same as the original with the word "COPY" at the end.

Okay, break time is over. Back to another 15 minutes...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*changed over laundry
*mopped diningroom
*cleaned off coffee table
*dusted coffee table and diningroom nesting tables
*found two boxes to pack
*took flowers off dress

Off to do more!!!

Feeling good!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Our baby was born in March 2001. It is slow going now. I am through the end of March 2001. I need a break, though.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
nak

The updating part is tricky. lol!

*Gathered and started a load of laundry
*Emptied the dryer
*Straightened up dd's room a bit
*Cleared the kitchen table

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.