Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is 15 months, still nurses quite frequently at night, and usually wakes with 2 soaked hemp inserts in his diaper. This morning the inserts were practically dry. He may have had one small pee all night. He nursed like usual during the night and I have no reason to think he wasn't getting milk. He's been mildly feverish for a couple days now but it's not a very high fever. He drank a typical amount of water for him during the day yesterday--sips here and there throughout the day. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
How has he been since he woke up?? Both of my kids (my dd earlier than my ds) started out drying out at night before the started using the potty. My dd and ds both started staying dry at naptime around 12-15 months with my dd also staying dry overninight around that time- and the odds of your supply suddenly dropping is REALLY low - keep an eye on him (with the fever and all) and let us know!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Of course, I was formula fed and sleeping through the night, but when I was 12 mths old, I woke up dry. My mom called her mom in a panic, saying what should I do? My grandma told her to put me on the toilet, and I actually went. I stayed dry at night from then on. I never woke up at night to use the bathroom until I was in college, no matter how much I drank.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
My dd has often been dry all night since the beginning. She nurses to sleep then usually sleeps from 12-4 or 5 when she starts nursing off and on until she gets up at 9 or 10. It is not at all unusual for her to be dry from 12-9 or 10. But MAN watch out for those first couple of diapers! :LOL

-Angela

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I meant to follow up. Ds' first morning diaper yesterday was dry as well, which really surprised me, but then for the rest of the day and overnight his diapers were plenty wet. Maybe he was a little bit dehydrated. He seems fine now. Thanks for all the advice, it was very reassuring!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.