Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal? I have no idea about babies and what there teeth are supposed to be doing. But every other baby or kid that I see or babysit who was this age (or even way younger) had many more teeth than four. She has the four front ones (two top and bottom). There are no signs of any others coming. Is this normal or is she behind? The only reason I'm even curious is because there have been a couple of things that she wants to eat but I'm scared to feed her until she can chew a bit more/better (like raisens). Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's also pretty bald still
Ok, thanks guys. I feel better, my mom said that about teeth that take longer to grow in will be healthier. I kind of ignored it though because she's known for making things up to humor me. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
My dd was bald and toothless forever! LOL
She got her first tooth AFTER her first birthday and I think she only had 2 still at 15 months. She is 2 and is still working on he canines and we see no sign of her second set of molars.

·
Registered
317 Posts
it is refreshing to hear youre not alone!! my ds will be 18 months on the 23rd and only has 6 teeth. 4 on top, 2 on bottom, nothing else coming.

i wish he had more on the bottom so he could bite things easier (like apples) its really frustrating for him

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melaya
The only reason I'm even curious is because there have been a couple of things that she wants to eat but I'm scared to feed her until she can chew a bit more/better (like raisens). Thanks in advance

FWIW, my guy has 15 teeth (would have been 16 but he had a highchair accident last xmas and lost one) and doesn't actually chew raisins. He pops 'em in his mouth, mashes the heck out of them, then spits them out.

So she doesn't have to have teeth in order to enjoy a raisin.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
My DS was/is also late on teething. I think he got his first 2 teeth around 10 mos, another 2 teeth around 11 mos, and now at 2 yrs he still only has 12 (4 *just* came in). My pediatrician also said that late teethers tend to have pretty healthy teeth. Another baby in my playgroup got about 12 teeth all in the first 6 months, it was crazy, and he now has quite a mouthful of teeth at 23 mos. They are all different but probably all totally normal.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I hope it's normal!! My DD is almost 15 mo and only has three. Although the second top tooth looks like it's starting to break through. She does have a ton of hair, though! She was born with tons and never lost it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
DS is now 2 and has all but his 2nd year molars. But for the longest time, it was just a tooth here and a tooth there. Then all of a sudden, around 20 months maybe, four came at a time and then another 4 at a time. And his teeth are really strong and healthy -- dentist gives us the thumbs up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My dd doesn't have many teeth, either. I think it's pretty normal, although I can empathize about worrying over certain foods more than I would otherwise. Even most bread seems like too much for her.

Enjoy those baby gums while they last!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
is 15.5 months and only has 6 teeth with no new ones appearing to be coming through anytime soon. She eats everything we eat and has never choked. She even eat whole apples (althoguh she spits out the skin).
had 6 teeth until she was 21 months, then 8 teeth until after 2 and only JUST finished gettng her 2 year molars at almost 3

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
She eats everything we eat and has never choked. She even eat whole apples (althoguh she spits out the skin).
Mine does that too. She carrys a big apple around all day and takes bites out of it every once in a while. She skins it with her top two teeth and then munches the apple after she spits out the skin. It's so cute

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.