Mothering Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The only reason there'd be a problem is if the two brothers have a problem- and then I'd talk to them and try to work something out. They shouldn't find human bodies shameful, and they shouldn't see their own sister's body as a sex object (or any girl's for that matter). If no other compromise is acceptable, there's no reason she couldn't be in her underwear- no different than walking around in a bathing suit.

There's a huge difference between walking down the street naked (which is, I believe, illegal and I wouldn't allow kids to do) and being in your own house naked. That's her home, she should be comfortable there. There are a lot of things we do in our homes that we wouldn't do in public.
There are some concerns about privacy- people possibly being able to see her through the window. But if you're okay with her being naked in your backyard, then that may not be an issue and it's solved by closing the blinds.

Reactions: bob smith.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I would be uncomfortable with it and that is ok. Everyone has different comfort levels in their home. I think everyone in the house should be ok with it before it happens. That shows respect for others.
I agree the other kids should be comfortable with it, but part of parenting is putting your kid's wellbeing before your own comfort. There's nothing wrong with nudity. Being able to be comfortable in your own skin and not feeling your body is shameful and something to be hidden even in the privacy of your home is valuable. Obviously no one should be forced to be naked, but there are benefits to allowing her to be nude and risks of forcing her not to be. Child wellbeing trumps parental comfort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.