Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I started out, my weight was something like 133. That was at 6 weeks. At 12 weeks, I weighed on 2 different scales... one said 133. The other said 127. This week, the scale was 125 1/2. My midwife didn't seem to bothered by it. I'm eating healthfully and regularly. I'm just not gaining. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I didn't really put on much with ds for the first couple months--lots a few pounds in the first tri, actually, because of lower appetite. It picked up gradually after 18 weeks or so. Don't worry about it! Just make sure you're getting enough calories, protein, and the rest--you do need to eat quite a lot, just keep it healthy.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was the same with my 1st. I remember asking the nurse at the midwives office if it was normal. She said, "you'll be back here in a couple months complaining that you're gaining.." it just takes time, especially if you're not feeling well the first couple of months.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm 15 pounds and I haven't gained either, but I've had a lot of ultrasounds because there were problems in the begining. My baby keeps measuring appropriately, so I'm sure you are fine too!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Ugh, I'm 15 weeks, not 15 pounds! Hee hee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts