Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear!! I am about to go nuts with him!! He is the biggest baby when he is sick! I just want to strangle him (I won't though!)!
:

He got the stomach virus/food poisoning by Thursday morning. Didn't complain of it much that day, but by Friday morning he threw-up once, and started having diarrhea more. All day Friday just complain, complain, complain!! Saturday he pretty much did the same thing...complain all day that his butt was now hurting!
I told him it was probably just "raw" from all the wiping, and to use a wet cloth or baby wipe next time he was to use it. Saturday PM I gave him some Kaopectate that I had in the cupboard. Don't know why I didn't check before giving it to him, but after I gave him a dose, I saw that it had expired a few years before. I throw it away. On Sunday afternoon, it was 2:30pm, I get home from town and he tells me there are some bumps on him. I look. Maybe hives? Maybe chiggers, even though I would think being November in the South, and it has been cold, chiggers are "dead" for right now? We put anti-itch cream on them, and I give him a dose of Benedryl. At 3am, at 6am, he comes in my room, waking me up...I'm itching!! I call DH who is working, (an RN) and he tells me to do the same thing again, but maybe get some hydrocort. cream at the store too. Not much you can do about hives or chiggers. Yes, he could have gotten chiggers on Saturday because he was in the woods on Saturday afternoon.

But, of the complaining he does!!! I told him I felt sorry for his future wife!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
You know, I really think this is a "man" thing.
: Last week my daughter had a stomach bug type of thing and gave it to me and my ex. So my ex and I had the EXACT same illness. It was not pleasant (bloated, bad stomachache and diarrhea), but whereas I worked through it he acted like he was dying. And we're not even married anymore!

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I have to agree-it is a man thing. Sometimes I even think they aren't biologically equipped to handle things like women do...
Seriously, though, your son sounds like my dh! My dh had diahrea really bad one time-and his butt got all raw too-just like your sons. However, he tried to have me WIPE his butt for him(because he says I have a "soft" touch) and then put diaper cream on him!
: He was serious too-he thought I wouldn't mind since I wipe the kid's butts all the time-what's the dif he though? I kid you not!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angelpie545 View Post
However, he tried to have me WIPE his butt for him(because he says I have a "soft" touch) and then put diaper cream on him!
: He was serious too-he thought I wouldn't mind since I wipe the kid's butts all the time-what's the dif he though? I kid you not!
:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angelpie545 View Post
I have to agree-it is a man thing. Sometimes I even think they aren't biologically equipped to handle things like women do...
Seriously, though, your son sounds like my dh! My dh had diahrea really bad one time-and his butt got all raw too-just like your sons. However, he tried to have me WIPE his butt for him(because he says I have a "soft" touch) and then put diaper cream on him!

As a nurse in training, I probably would have already demanded to see it even before he asked me to help him wipe.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I'm going to second the man thing...

Dp is a huge baby when he's sick! So's my dad for that matter!

Dp and I both had the *worst* food poisoning last winter (while I was PREGNANT no less), and he acted like someone had shot him in the stomach! Don't get me wrong, it sucked, but sheesh!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I second the "man thing". I met DS's dad when we were only 18 (so not too much older than your DS) and every time he's been sick/hurt since then I've had to baby him. Even now, and we aren't even living together anymore.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lckrause View Post
You know, I really think this is a "man" thing.
: Last week my daughter had a stomach bug type of thing and gave it to me and my ex. So my ex and I had the EXACT same illness. It was not pleasant (bloated, bad stomachache and diarrhea), but whereas I worked through it he acted like he was dying. And we're not even married anymore!

Definitely a male thing. I was deathly sick with an extremely painful double ear infection, chills, whole nine yards, watching my son while dh could go out with his cousin. long story...

needless to say when he got sick, without the double ear infection by the way, I gave him a taste of his own medicine. You would think he was about to die the way he was carrying on

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
uhh...when my husband has a smuch as a sniffy nose I'll hear about it all day...but I can'
t adress the issue because he'll feel offended and not taken seriously and then it goes downhill from there and no one appreciates him uhm...nevermind

·
Registered
135 Posts
lol My husband is a big baby when he is sick. In fact, one time after we were only married three months or so he had some allergies. He thought he had the flu. Everything to him is the flu. lol So, anyway...I keep telling him you have allergies you are going to be okay. You're just congested and a little groggy. You're fine. He decides he's too sick to go to work...he loves to play hookie. He calls his boss and says "I can't come in today. I'm sick." He says this about 3 times because his boss couldn't hear him properly or there was some connection problem. FINALLY. The fourth time he says, "I can't come in today. I have ALLERGIES!!" lol!! I said and a fever a fever! and then he said he has a fever also. lol It was so hilarious. poor guy. His boss called him back and said he'd better get to work.
:

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
My ex was so awful when he was sick (mean in addition to whiney-oh-poor-me) that it was my standard response that if you're so bad off, you'd better go to the ER. If he wouldn't see a doctor, I went to a hotel with the baby. Did it twice before he got the messge that I wouldn't be around him when he was so nasty, no matter how sick he thought he was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.