Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 16 week mw appointment tonight. We were discussing the mw practice I am seeing at the moment (hopefully I will switch to a hb mw soon) here at MDC at it came up by somebody else that they might not be too forthcoming with volonteering info, but would answer all questions that you might have. But I can't really think of questions. I am somewhat concerned about my nutrition (I have neven been a big eater and I don't seem to be eating much more now then before pg, so I am concerned I am just not getting enough), so I will raise it up tonight. When I tried asking something like that at my first prenatal Ii didn't really get a nice answer. May be I will be more in luck tonight. But aside from this I can't think fo anything else. Should I be having more questions? What would you be asking about?<br><br>
p.s just to clarify as far as eating - I am not starving my self at all. It's just that I have never eaten a lot and I don't seem to be eating much more now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I always like to know their statistics. Stuff like C-section, hospital transfer (if at Birthing center) episiotomy etc. This is something they usually don't like to volunteer, but its worth asking to see how they respond anyway. I also want to know the ifs - their policies on things like breech babies, episiotomies, etc. Also, if they will sign and go along with your birth plan. But I think sometimes watching their reactions to your questions is more important than their actual answers. It seems to me Doc get defensive at questions. If they do, then they probably have a complex where they like to be in charge, and that is not someone I would want at my birth.<br>
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no-no. i guess i got everybody confused. I am looking for a hb midwife at the moment and when I interview them I do ask all those kinds of questions and more.<br>
But in the meanwhile I am seeing a hospital base mw practice, because I don't want to go without any prenatal care and without having somebody to ask questions just in case.<br>
So I have an appointment tonight with the hospital mw. I have already seen her for a first prenatal before and it seemed like they didn't volonteer any info to me. So now I am wondering if there's anything I should really be discussing with them tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts