Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My dd is 17 months and I still have not had a period. Anyone else go this long without one? Should I be concerned? I would like to get pregnant and I know it is possible w/o having a period (hey, it happened with dd) but I would like to know if there is anything I should be aware of to 1. get my periods back on track or 2. get prego! Thanks. And yes, she is nursing.

Sara

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Me, too! DS is 17 mos, and still nurses a lot at night, though not much at all during the day. Does your DD still nurse a lot? I think the reason I've not had AF yet is the nursing combined with my low weight... I've lost a LOT of weight since DS was born due to nursing. We'd like to TTC soon, too, so I hope AF returns soon. Sorry, no advice here, but you're not alone!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I went about 18 months after both of my children. I know people who've gone 2 years without af while nursing.

I don't have any suggestions on getting af started again, I was happy to have her gone so I never tried.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Not to scare you but I'm 39 months pp and no AF
: Dd was down to nursing 3 x's a day but she's getting another molar in so it's more frequent. We wanted to have our kids 3 yrs apart but it looks like it'll be more like 4 yrs. I'm starting to think my long time w/out AF may have to do with the fact that I had problems w/my cycles, conceiving and then low progesterone during pregnancy.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
I was two and half years. Dd loooooooooved to nurse!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I didn't get AF until 28 mos after DS was born and he was/is only nursing about 2-3 times a day (mostly evening/night nursing) for last several months.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi! Dd was 17 months, and I wanted to have another baby. I thought it would never happen. Well, I didn't get the period, but I got pregnant. It's so hard to be patient though, not knowing when it's going to happen! For what it's worth, I'm pretty thin too.

Good luck! Sending you period vibes (is that weird?)

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
My DS is 18 months old, usually only nurses once or twice during the night, more frequently during the day...around 8 times total. Still no PPAF.

Like you though, I'd like to TTC as soon as possible, I'm trying to be patient...but I'd really like to be preggo (or at least TTC) NOW!

·
Registered
685 Posts
My ds is 16 months old and my cycle hasn't returned yet, but he still nurses a LOT.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My ds (now 10) was 18 months when AF returned. Dd was 14 mos.

Conceived again without even knowing it, probably in late February/early March. Sadly lost #3 to a ruptured ectopic in April, though. Would love to be pg again and have this one be in the right place!!!

I have weird cycles, and the almost-8 year gap between our kids is because of difficulty conceiving a second time. Cycles are back to their "normal" weirdness now, it seems.

JET

1 - 16 of 16 Posts