Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My 18-month-old DD has been going to sleep at night, then waking about 45 minutes later. Wide awake, happy. We do story time for a while, then put her back down. What's going on with the waking?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here's our routine: around 7:30, pajamas, brush teeth. By 8:00, in the sling to nurse to sleep—takes maybe 15 minutes. Then I lay her down in bed. She usually sleeps about 11 hours, and naps two hours every afternoon.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This waking up after going to bed thing is new, and has now been going on for a couple of weeks. I thought it might be teething. Could it be something else? Some other kind of sleep transition?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA!</p>

·
Registered
727 Posts
<p>All I can say is I commiserate! My 18 mo old started waking much more. He sleeps just a little while then will NOT go back to sleep!!! </p>

·
Registered
432 Posts
<p>No advice for you, but I am in the same boat.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS (18m) <em>was</em> sleeping through the night or waking up once some nights. He has regressed to waking up 1-2 times a night. It's tough. I really hope it's just a phase and it will be over soon. I can't wait for him to sleep through the night!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts