Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone but me is sick, the worst symptom (for everyone) is chest congestion: coughing hurts, breathing hurts, etc. The 18m old is having a hard time of it, he's not turning blue at all but his breathing is really raspy and a bit labored. He's not coughing much but when he does it's deep and raspy. Combined with the fever and foul smelling BM, I'm guess he's got RSV (I am guessing based on when #3 was 6 months he had RSV, bronchitis and asthma all at once and #4's is acting similar), but maybe it's bronchitis?<br><br>
Anyway, I'm giving SA, he's nursing plenty, peeing plenty and I'm not trying to treat the fever, but I would like to see him breathing better. I know he's much older, but when #3 got this crud it was very scary and he was in pretty bad shape. Any suggestions? I don't have a nebulizer anymore, #3 has been perfectly healthy since the RSV and then this time, but he's already getting over it.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
I read one time if SA is not doing the job, the dose is not high enough. I would give it all day long every 1/4 hour a few sips.<br><br>
We mix SA with water or diluted juice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts