Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has started hitting herself when she's upset or frustrated, and seems to do it more when she's tired, but does it when she's not tired as well. She also hits herself if I tell her 'no' about something she wants. She's been doing it for the last few weeks, but has really picked up momentum the last week or so - doing it more often. She mostly hits her forehead, though sometimes she'll also hit her tummy or thighs.<br><br>
So I'm wondering if this is normal?? I've heard of kids hitting their heads against floors and walls and things, is this similiar? She doesn't hit me or dh, just herself. I'm worried she's hurting herself, though; it seems like she's hitting very hard.<br><br>
Any advice, ladies??<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I know my DD (19moths too!) often lashes out in frustration at whatever is near. She'll try to pull my hair, or her hair, or she'll bite whatever is near (hardly ever us, we've taught her that we only use kisses, not bites. Most of the time she'll bite the couch, or something else hard that doesn't end too well for her - then it's very cute - she'll give it kisses to say sorry!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts