Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am looking for some ideas to help entertain my 19 month old. We just found out today she has a greenstick fracture. We have not yet seen an ortho doc so not completely sure how long she will be in a cast or even if she will be able to walk in the cast. We still have many unknowns. However currently she is not able to move, no walking or even crawling. She has had the fracture for a couple of days it wasn't discovered until today. My DD was not really one to sit much, so going from running to immobile is hard on her. So far I have the basics....books, coloring, her toys (that don't require her to move) and I just got an aquadoodle. Any other thoughts? Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Poor girl. My thoughts go out to her. Here are some thoughts:

1. When and if she gets frustrated, be sure to reflect her feelings. It will let her know that you empathize with her condition, and help her develop her feeling vocabulary.

2. If you've got a bike, go for a ride with her (as long as she wears her helmet). She'll probably love the feeling of movement...some goes for a ride in the stroller.

3. Let her go wild decorating her cast, if possible.

4. Have a "cast" party in which she gets a special present for being the one in the cast.

Hope these ideas are helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.