Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i hope you can help me out. our ds is 19 months old and has had a fever for a few days. we finally broke down and took him to the dr and he said that both ears are inflamed and prescribed antibiotics. my question? is there anything we can do for ds and bypass the antibiotics? he has never been vaccinated and i really don't want to use the meds if it not absolutely necessary and the dr didnt sound completely confident about the infection. just said ears were inflamed. please help! i hate seeing my baby in so much pain and discomfort. just want the best for him. also we have given him tylenol periodically to ease the pain. is there anything else we can do?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update for anyone wondering. after 4 days of fever he finally started to act normal again and we decided not to do the antibiotics. we got the script filled incase but it turns out we just needed to give his body a little more time. i am glad we took him in just to rule out pneumonia but i am equally glad we waited it out so that he didn't have unnecessary antibiotics.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top