Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really having a hard time with this one. Is there really a huge difference between the two? If I go ahead and spend the money do I want to get the 2mil pul? Please help....also, is there a difference in texture to the two of them....is one more crunchier then the other? Yikes sooo many decisions!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
they perform exactly the same.

I like 1mil much much better because it's softer as in not as stiff so it conforms to the body better etc. 2mil use to be all the rage because there was this theory that it lasted longer. That's been disproven so 1mil is becomming more popular since it's softer.

Really, in the solids, either one is just fine. It's just a preference thing. But, if you get prints, I'll warn you that a 2mil woven print is like cardboard *L*. (btw.. they will soften a little after washing, but not much) Even 1mil woven prints aren't the softest thing in the world, but a 2mil is crazy stiff and thick. So if you get a print, really shoot for a 1mil and even better, get a knit print and not a woven if you can avoid it.

That's just MY take on it. Some people love sewing with the 2mil.. prints and all.. I'm just not one of them. If you plan to make a large purchase, get samples first so you can feel it before you buy.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I would agree that the 1 mm is a lot softer and has some "drape" to it, but I have also used 2 mm and not had any problems with it. I have a few woven prints that I'm pretty sure are the 2 mm and I love them and don't think they're too stiff. So I guess if you can, try a little of each before you buy a whole bunch of something that you don't like.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
They act the same for me, i prefer 1 mil, and i really dont like the woven prints at all. the knit soldis are nice and soft too, not at all crunchy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.