Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he was cut as a baby (be4 i knew any better- my youngest is whole at least). he's been retractable for quite awhile until recently. (his circ was very loose and he is COMPLETEY covered. last night he told me it hurt, and he can no longer pull it back to rinse under it. he said he hasn't been able to in quite awhile. cause for concern, or is therre a chance that it has healed relatively fine and will retract again within the next couple of years?

baby has dr appt in the am and big ds could be seen too...

· Registered
14,304 Posts
The most common causes of this are irritation. He might have a yeast infection or if he has been washing with soap that can cause irritation. There is an article in this thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=764732 about a foreskin that is retractable becoming none retractable.

Odds are once you figure out what the irritation is he will get better fast.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Low grade inflammation like yeast infection can lead to enough low grade swelling in the tissues that a previously retractable foreskin (or in this case foreskin remnant) could become unretractable. YOu could try acidophlius liquid or OTC yeast medication and see if this helps. On the other hand, I'm wondering if there's any possibility of readhesion. I have no way of knowing if this is possible after so many years of not being adhered, but something to consider.

Good luck, Gillian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.