Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I had my DD back in March and we are still nursing "on demand" except for when I work (3 days a week) and I pump every 4 hours or so when I work. My question is when could I be expecting my first period and what were your symptoms before your first pp period? I have been getting crampy twinges for the last few weeks when DD nurses and the last few days to a week or so have been feeling crampy, bloated, and backachy in general, yesterday was the worst. I did have a little cervical fluid yesterday as well so I thought maybe my period was coming. I started charting again about a week ago too and my temps have been low. I also took a preg test last week because of all the little twingeys while nursing and it was negative. Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
199 Posts
With DS#1 (no bf, but pumped 3x/day for 6mo) my period came back every other month at 12mo PP, then full force at 18mo PP. DS#2 (bf and pumped at work for 9mo), period came back at 18mo PP. I don't remember getting any symptoms and normally my periods announce themselves quite empatically before hand. So I guess everyone is different.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I've been crampy on and off for a few months now and keep expecting it to start, but not so far. LO turned 1 a couple of days ago. Before her I had gotten it back at 13mo pp and it always is longer after each one, so it could be another couple of months here maybe.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Both my babies were EBF, and I my cycles started regularly within 3 months of delivery (about 4-5 weeks after I stopped pp bleeding). I had unbelievable PMS (bloating, cramping, crying) for about a week before each time I resumed my cycles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts