Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want some confirmation tha tmy almost 1 yo is getting enough milk.<br><br>
I went back to teacher's college in September and DS (1 on Nov 27) has been in daycare F/T (10hrs/day now that I've started a FT teaching block). He nurses plenty in the morning when he wakes up, but has given up nursing at daycare before drop-off now that he wants to get right into the action and has no time for boobs. He also nurses eagerly when I pick him up (on one side ususally), then finishes the other side up when we get home, and has one more big nursing session before bed.<br><br>
Last week I was pumping an easy 5-7 ozs for him each day, this week I've only been able to get 2-3ozs a day (I assume it's partially stress, a lousy pumping set up i.e. bathroom stall, and only getting the chance to pump once in the almost 10 hrs I'm away from him)....I dumped my measly 2 ozs of milk into his sippy to get it ready for tomorrow and almost feel bad sending him with so little. I've included a note to be sure he's offered plenty of water since he has so little milk.<br><br>
Is he getting enough do you think, would goat's milk be a good idea or a bad one or just unnecessary??

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should maybe add too, that he's cut back his night nursing dramatically (he had reverse cycled when we started daycare and would nurse almost all night long, but now he'll nurse only once or twice throughout the night and not much, just enough to have a drink and settle back to sleep.

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
Sometime around a year I stopped sending in my milk with my daughter. It sounds like he's nursing enough to get a decent amount of milk, and I had a similar nursing schedule and my supply was fine. If you wanted him to get used to the taste of goat's milk, now might be a good time to introduce it, but I don't think it's necessary from a nutritional standpoint.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
If it where one of my kids I would send a little goats milk for him to have. My kids all started GM a 1 year to supplement my decreasing supply(due to preganacy)<br>
I see that you are from Ontario so FWIW my kids liked the Mornington Brand better the Hewitts goats milk. the morningtons always tasted fresher because it was packaged in bottles or bags and not the cardboard cartons( plus it didn't go sour as fast)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts