Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, need some ideas on how to get rid of these. She has had them for a month or so, and some of them get really big.
How can I prevent them and also get rid of them?

I have been told that they are caused by a Vit B deficiency, but don't think that that is the case here.
Also Lysine is supposed to work well.
I was at WF today, they gave me a product called Canker Sores Begone, which is supposed to work well. It has Menthol, Aloe, Grapefruit Seed extract, Cone Flower, Golden Seal, Lemon Balm, and Elder Flower.

TIA Jasmine

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
I would go talk it over with the doctor. It could be come thing different than you think. There also could be an missed under lying reason they are hanging around.

I get mouth ulcers and canker sores. They can be a real @#[email protected]#$#@. Also if they are truly canker sores they are caused by the herpes virus. When I have a persistant out break there is ussually something underlying I am missing for a cause.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
"Canker sores" are NOT caused by the herpes virus; "cold sores" are. It's an autoimmune function. Anything that boosts the immune system will help, the Bs will help the skin knit back together.

SLS and artificial cinnamon flavoring have been linked to them, also.

If she's had them constantly for a month, something deeper may be going on and she should be checked by her dentist. MDs know little about the mouth, imo.

If it's true "canker sores", the official term is "recurrent aphthous stomatitis", you could Google.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I have researched it, seems that no one really knows how they are caused. Her dentist said stress could be a factor too.
I did find a product made from propolis and other bee products that is supposed to be amazing.
She also chews at them too with her teeth which probably makes them a lot worse than they are too.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
i have been researching this for a friend of mine online and found some websites say they could be caused by food allergies and also by high yeast in the stomach. now i dont know the validity of the claims but they are out there. so if u dd had a lot of antibiotics or even one or two doses it could cause a high yeast in her stomach. my dd only had antibiotics when she was born for two days but that was enough to cause yeast problems.

sometimes sharp edges of teeth also cause canker sores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts